Pages

Friday 4 December 2015

Blogmas #4 - I want I want I want...

Anyone who knows me will tell you, I am a very materialistic person. I can't help it, I just LOVE stuff! Shoes, bags, clothes, make-up, homeware and don't even get me started on jewellery. So as you can imagine, when Christmas comes round, I am in my element. I already have a rather long Christmas wishlist this year (which I shall be publishing properly in the next few weeks, should any of you wish to get me a present!) But to give you a rough idea, is currently looks a little something like this:

- Lancome mascara
- Yankee candles
- White Company candles
- Estee Lauder lippy
- Ted baker coat
- Riding boots from Dune
- All saints shearling coat
- Whistles bobble hat
- Diamond present necklace from work
- Tiffany bracelet
- New handbag
- Fur bed throw
- Sparkly cushions
- New phone case
- Emma Bridgewater espresso cups

I won't bore you with anymore for the moment, but you get the gist. A lot of the time with me it's want, want, want.

While pottering round town the other day doing some last bits of shopping, I added several things to the ever growing list.
As I walked past Starbucks immersed in my own little world of Christmas and trying to decide between an americano and their rather delicious hot mulled fruit, I spotted a homeless man curled up under a blanket looking cold and suddenly my mental Christmas list seemed a little bit insignificant. I felt horribly selfish that the most important thing to me was making sure I got everything that was on my list when there were people who wouldn't even have dinner or a place to live this Christmas. It got me thinking, it is so easy to get caught up in the materialistic side of Christmas and just want want want, that sometimes we take our lives for granted and forget to just be thankful for what we already have. I am blessed with so many wonderful things that not everyone is lucky enough to have.

I am blessed with a husband who works incredibly hard so I can stay at home with our little boy.

I am blessed with parents who are always there for me at the drop of a hat.

I am blessed with a job that I love.

I am blessed with a happy, healthy, smiley little boy.

I am blessed with a fridge full of food (cliche but true) and a warm home (once the heater gets fixed...)

I am blessed with a dog who gives me cuddles and a cat who brings me socks as presents.

I am blessed with a wardrobe full of lovely clothes.

I am blessed with friends who are there for me, no matter how far away.

I am blessed with people who make me smile when I feel low.

I am blessed to have all my wonderful Grandparents still with me.


I love Christmas and I love giving and receiving presents, seeing my family and sharing delicious food. I am not saying that we shouldn't enjoy these things but maybe while you are writing your Christmas lists this year, think of those less fortunate that you and make a mental list of all the wonderful things you are blessed with.

Happy Blogmas everyone :-) X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...