Pages

Thursday 24 December 2015

Blogmas #24 - A Franukkah celebration

After last night I am feeling well and truly Christmasified!
The year we left school and headed our separate ways, my group of closest girlies and I made a pact. No matter where we were in the world or what we were doing with our lives, we would meet up at Christmas and have a big celebratory catchup. That was 6 years ago and last night we stuck by our promise for yet another year. 
Trains were taken from London, planes were caught from Paris and once again I was reunited with some of my favourite people in the whole world. 

Somewhere along the way, we named this wonderful occasion Franukkah, a mash up of my friends sur-name and Hanukkah. I do believe it's because our first ever Christmas meet up happened to fall on Hanukkah. However there is an equally likely chance that it was simply named after far to many glasses of prosecco. We shall never know. 

Our evening could not have been more stereotypically Christmassy if we tried. We drank mulled wine, we roasted chestnuts, we exchanged gifts and in between hysterical fits of laughter (and dressing my poor son up as a French chef!) we somehow managed to squeeze in watching A Christmas Carol (regular - not muppet!) 

It was a truly magical evening and I can wholeheartedly say that other than Christmas Day itself, Franukkah is most definitely the most wonderful day of my year. For me it would not be Christmas without it. I am extremely blessed to have such wonderful, loving, insane friends and I hope we still celebrate Christmas together when we are old and wrinkly and our boobs are by our knees. If any you are ready this, then thank you for a wonderful Franukkah. Until next year...



Happy Blogmas X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...