Pages

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Hello!

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a mummy. Friends of mine wanted to be doctors, teachers, footballers and pop-stars - but I wanted to be a mummy. In fact I don't think I can remember a time when I didn't. So when that little blue cross showed up on my 23rd birthday, all my dreams came true.

I had a very uncomplicated and straightforward pregnancy (despite resembling a whale!) and our little boy was due to join us on 11th May 2015.
However fate intervened and Luke decided he just couldn't wait to meet us. On 6th April 2015 exactly 5 weeks early, our beautiful baby boy entered our lives. Unfortunately Luke's start to life was not as easy and straightforward as we would have liked.
Now 6 months later after nights in NICU, countless hospital visits, reflux and a CMPA diagnosis things are finally looking up and I have a gorgeous, happy, smiley little boy!

This blog is a little place for me to get down all my thoughts about motherhood and hopefully you will enjoy joining us on what I can honestly say is one of the hardest, most enjoyable, stressful and rewarding adventures I've ever been on. I intend to include everything from the (supposedly!) simple tasks like feeding, dressing and occupying my bundle of joy, to the harder things like coping with allergies and sleep deprivation. And who knows, I may even throw in a few of my own little tips on attempting to resemble something of a yummy mummy...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...